Broad Oaks will provide a mix of one, two, three and four-bedroom luxury homes across the 30-acre site. Enjoying excellent transport links to the neighbouring cities of Cambridge, Peterborough and Norfolk, this exclusive development is ideally located to satisfy the demand from young professionals and families for well-priced, freehold accommodation with outdoor living space in a safe, community-lead environment.
On the banks of the River Great Ouse, and dating back to Saxon times, Downham Market is one of Norfolk’s oldest market towns. The attractive market place is immediately identifiable by the splendidly unusual and majestic black and white clock.
Following approval of the outline permission at land at Nightingale Lane, Downham Market, Prosperity Investments and Developments Ltd are now seeking to submit a reserved matters application for detailed design.
The site already has outline planning permission for up to 300 dwellings. Pegasus Group, are now preparing a design for the site which will be known as Broad Oaks, and will be submitted to the Borough Council of King’s Lynn & West Norfolk.
This development seeks to provide stylish family living with homes designed for modern day life. Properties will be energy efficient and offer open plan living, natural light and plenty of storage.
What is Proposed?
The current concept plan shows a residential development of approximately 300 dwellings.
The future development for the site includes the following principles:
- Access to be taken from the A1122 to the south of the site. Pedestrian access is also accounted for with tactile pavement crossings included at the access of the site.
- A mix of one, two, three and four-bedroom, two-storey homes.
- Indicative street frontages and a combination of shared surfaces and private drives/off-street parking.
- Approximately 5.5ha of open green space is proposed within the site, which will be useable for residents and the wider public. The proposed green space will have various characters throughout, from open green “kick about” areas, to ecology based wetland utilising the sustainability urban drainage features. The feel of the green space will change throughout the year and benefit the health and well-being of local residents during a time when access to green outdoor space has become increasingly important. As such, approximately 25% of the plots have been designed to directly overlook some element of green space.
- Indicative footpath to links from the west of the site, and along the southern and eastern boundaries.
The principle of development for residential use has already been established under the outline permission. The reserved matters application will include details on the design of the site, including appearance, landscaping, layout and scale of the development.
- The Beech
- The Willow
- The Acorn
- The Ash
We are asking people who live and/or work in the area to help us to shape the design proposals for this site.
Alternatively, you can return your comments to us via email quoting ‘Nightingale Lane, Downham Market’ to: email@example.com;
THE DEADLINE FOR THE RECEIPT OF COMMENTS IS 11th DECEMBER 2020
Comments made to us are not formal comments to the Borough Council of King’s Lynn & West Norfolk. There will be an opportunity to make comments direct to the Council on any resultant planning application.
What happens next?
All thoughts and suggestions received as part of this consultation will be carefully considered before a planning application is submitted to the Council.